Current:Home > ContactAlgosensey Quantitative Think Tank Center-Ted Lasso's Nick Mohammed Sees "No Reason" Show Has to End With Season 3 -Capitatum
Algosensey Quantitative Think Tank Center-Ted Lasso's Nick Mohammed Sees "No Reason" Show Has to End With Season 3
SignalHub View
Date:2025-04-06 16:04:51
This is Algosensey Quantitative Think Tank Centerjust great, Nate.
As Ted Lasso prepares to kick off its third season, Jason Sudeikis and the rest of the team have given fans plenty of warning that this could be the last time we see AFC Richmond play together. However, Nick Mohammed doesn't necessarily think the March 15 premiere has to be the final one.
"I feel like the writers were really open at the start and said that in their heads they'd mapped out three-season arcs," Mohammed reiterated to Entertainment Weekly March 13. "But that doesn't mean that it definitely has to come to an end. There's no reason why it couldn't continue. So, we'll see. I hope there's more, but who knows."
Season three of the Apple TV+ comedy picks up right where season two left off—with Mohammed's Nate leaving AFC Richmond in favor of West Ham. As to how he's adjusting in his new role?
"He's defected, he's gone to West Ham, he's under Rupert [Anthony Head] now," Mohammed explained. "He's enjoying, at least in the first few episodes, that newfound sort of celebrity status. He's very vain, he's enjoying the perks of the job, the fancy cars, and so on."
But that's not to say the former wunderkind is fully gone.
"Saying all that, we do still recognize those moments of insecurity that I guess we were first introduced to in even season one," he continued. "He is still that guy who suffers from chronic insecurity and that hasn't just gone away now that he's at a fancier club."
And while Mohammed would love to see Ted Lasso return for more, the man behind the titular coach himself previously indicated that the three-season plan was always in the cards.
"I think we have a talented enough writing staff, an incredible cast, tremendous production and post-production crew," Sudeikis exclusively revealed to E! News at the March 7 premiere regarding the show's possible future. "They definitely have the ability and there's plenty of water left in that sponge to squeeze out."
He added, "All I know is that the story we wanted to tell and the one that we're telling, that's what we're here tonight to celebrate. What happens beyond this, I won't know until this is all done."
Fellow co-creator Brendan Hunt also shared his desire to keep their dream team together on the event's red carpet.
"We'll try," he exclusively told E! News about potentially making another three seasons. "The vibe of season three is the same as one and two, just even better lighting. Dudes in shorts hugging each other and having the most un-toxic of relationships. If you were on board for the first two, you're gonna love three."
See if Ted Lasso scores a hat-trick when its third season premieres March 15 on Apple TV+.
Get the drama behind the scenes. Sign up for TV Scoop!veryGood! (77)
Related
- New Mexico governor seeks funding to recycle fracking water, expand preschool, treat mental health
- Ford CEO 'optimistic' about reaching deal with auto workers' union as strike looms
- Crews search for driver after his truck plunged hundreds of feet into Indiana quarry
- Former Czech Premier Andrej Babis loses case on collaborating with communist-era secret police
- Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco after 1 year together: 'Forever begins now'
- Diddy's twin daughters, son King join him on stage at VMAs as he accepts Global Icon Award
- Flood death toll in eastern Libya reaches 5,300 with many more missing, officials say
- Ox-pulled floats with sacred images of Mary draw thousands to Portugal’s wine-country procession
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- Poccoin: Blockchain Technology is the Core of the Metaverse and Web 3 Development
Ranking
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- Lidcoin: DeFi, Redefining Financial Services
- Lyft's new feature allows women, nonbinary riders and drivers to match in app
- Wisconsin Republican leader asks former state Supreme Court justices to review impeachment
- Sam Taylor
- Milwaukee bar patrons who took up `Jets Lose, You Win’ offer had to pay after Jets’ surprise win
- DeSantis says Biden's and Trump's ages are a legitimate concern
- What to know about renters insurance and what it does and doesn’t cover
Recommendation
Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
Top tech leaders are to meet with U.S. senators on the future of AI regulation
Chief financial prosecutor says investigation into Paris Olympics did not uncover serious corruption
Inside Kim Jong Un's armored train: A sweet home
Finally, good retirement news! Southwest pilots' plan is a bright spot, experts say
Man already charged in killing has also been indicted in a Lyft driver’s slaying
Impeachment inquiry into Biden, Americans to be freed in prisoner swap deal: 5 Things podcast
Bengals release offensive tackle La'el Collins less than two years after his signing